Friday, November 24, 2006

Ayurvedic(organic) Kadha for stopping coughing

All ingredients to be added according to the cook's judgement. The function of this kadha is to soothe a throat that has coughed for an extended time period. It gives instant relief and stops the coughing for about an hour or two. However, this concoction is not to be consumed in gallons. It has high heat content, high sugar content.

Magic potion ingredients - 1 inch Ginger grated/sliced, 4-5 black peppers, 1 inch cinnamon stick, Jaggery to taste, 2-3 cloves. Boil all ingredients in 1.5 cup of water until the liquid turns a putrid brown. Make the victim drink while hot. Not scalding hot, but when soothing hot.

Credit for this recipe goes to my aunt who awed me one day when I was made to drink a cup of this ghastly looking hot beverage. My coughing ceased. I was sold.

No comments: