Friday, December 23, 2005

Invention-II Left of Leftovers(LOL)

Another creation that can easily pass as an Indian Curry dish for the less informed.
Ingredients-
- Oil for cooking
- Whole peppers
- Bay leaves
- Poppy seeds
- Peanut powder
- Spring onions
- Green peas
- Carrots to add color only.
- 2 spoons of flour
- Fat free sour cream
- Ginger slices
- 1-2 chillies

Heat oil, add peppers, bay leaves and ginger. Saute for 1 minute. Add the spring onion. Then, if you have it, add some Biryani masala for the flavor not the spicyness. Saute. Add chillies, poppy seeds and some peanut mix, green peas. Add water to make the mixture a little watery. Then, add fat free sour cream in any amount that pleases your palate(don't worry, it is fat free). Because the cream is fat free, I have to add some flour(maida) to make the curry thicker. If a redder color than the random color that comes to this preparation is preferred, add paprika as it will add more color but not too much heat. In the end add some carrot chunks to add some more sporadic color. I peel and cook carrots in microwave, then cut them in bite size pieces. Love baked carrots. Since I had some fresh shredded coconut on had, I used it to garnish.

One mistake I made last time I prepared LOL was that I added tonnes of garlic. For the mild taste I was aiming, garlic didn't work.

No comments: